“I wanna read! “
I don’t know where this sudden itch to read lots of books came from. I just felt like reading and reading and reading the whole day. Maybe I just miss the smell of the old books that I used to borrow during my highschool days. I remember finishing 2 Nancy Drew books in one day. I even finished a whole shelf of mystery and detective novels way back then.
Next to writing, I have this unexplainable attraction towards reading (guess the two go hand in hand). I used to read books whenever possible… Before eating, during eating before sleeping, during commercial breaks, and <insert more possible venues for reading here> :))
I am planning to revive this hobby of mine; aside from it widens the vocabulary and improves writing skills, the story in every book shows a different perception when it comes to reality. It makes us meet interesting personalities,brings us to places we’ve never been before and most of all imbibes new insights and knowledge in our everyday life. Below is the list of the books that I must read within the year (hopefully!):
- The Fault in Our Stars – Labeled as John Green’s best book to date. *Currently reading* B-)
- Ender’s Game – I’ve been intrigued by this book ever since I read its plot somewhere in the internet. This has been number one on my “sci-fi category’s must read” list.
- The Catcher in The Rye – It’s a shame that I read this book for the sake of answering the quizzes in our psychology class. Must give this book another try. :C
- The Hunger Games Series – Finished reading book #1, must read Catching Fire before it hits the theaters on November. Will be back in fangirling mode over Katniss and Peeta! XD
- Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil – First heard of this book in our Philosophy class. It is about Hannah Arendt’s (my prof’s favorite philosopher) report on the trial of a Nazi leader who executed lots of people during Hitler’s time.
- For One More Day – From the author of Tuesday’s with Morrie I am expecting another heartfelt and tear-jerking story about life and death. This was recommended by my bestfriend James who seemed to have a soft-spot for such stories. :))
- Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World’s Worst Dog – Stories about pets especially on dogs never fail to amuse me, will give this one a shot.
Other books that I have been eyeing on since time immemorial. Most of them are classics.
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- Gone with the Wind
- The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time
- Love in the Time of Cholera
- The Scarlet Letter
- The Little Prince
- Looking for Alaska
- Any Norse Mythology book
“Books don’t change people; paragraphs do, Sometimes even sentences.” – John Piper
I am very open to suggestions when it comes to additional books in the above lists.
One book per month, here I come! 🙂